Tuesday, December 2, 2008

marathon day

yesterday i was playing basketball at the rec center, which is a rarity for me. since i play club basketball the only thing i ever to in the rec center is practice shooting, lifting weights, and occasionally playing ping pong. i don't really find it necessary to play basketball against inferior opponents when i could just play with better players at club practice. im a pretty good player and the majority of the competition at the rec center is below my skill level. anyway it all started when i saw a couple of my friends playing one on one. we started shooting around with them when they suggested that we challenge the five people on the other end of the court. i thought we would play a game, and then i would go lift with my buddy jamil. however once we defeated that team, more people had arrived, and they were looking to play also. since we were the winners of the last game, we stayed on the court and kept playing. thats the way it works at the rec center. if you win a game you stay on the court (kind of like the king of the court). since jamil is a good basketball player, and my other three friends can hold their own, no one could be us. soon i noticed that we had played 3 games, then it was 4. i looked up at the clock from time to time and realized that it was nearing six o'clock; we had arrived at 4. eventually i started to get really tired and hungry. despite my fatigue my teammates and i pushed ourselves to the limit and continued to beat teams filled with fully rested players. at the end of the day we had won at least 8 games, and it was just past 7pm. words cannot describe how tired my legs felt. i immediately got a smoothy to refresh me. then i went and ate a huge meal at the diner. i was so tire that i didn't even have the energy to raise the fork to my mouth. i managed to eat everything and after my shower i felt much better, but still really tired. we didn't end up lifting at all like we had planned on doing but we sure got a great workout.

push it to the limit
ersin 

No comments: