Monday, September 15, 2008

random stuff

this is going to be a random post with quick little things going on in my life so far. i might elaborate on them more in future posts.

im finally back on track with my meal plan. during the first week i didn't really know that we had a limit on our meal plans and i just ate as much as i wanted until i was full every meal. this ended up costing me 30 dollars a day. i figured there were about 100 days this semester; multiply that by thirty=3000 dollars...i had 1150. so after a week of thirty dollar days i was forced to cut down, minimizing my costs while maximizing my benefits (kind of like economics). anyway now im more or less back on track. i believe the next deadline is this friday the 19th. we have to be down to 950 by then im around 965. i have discovered a new trick to helping cut back on my dining dollars for those who need a tip or two on how to save. i discovered that i have around 250 terp bucks, which i can basically spend anywhere except the diners. so i tend to grab a power bar or two everyday which helps me to not want more after each meal. i also drink water all the time which is free!

im sure others are in the same boat as i am regarding my next topic for argument. i have an exam next monday (22nd) in business statistics. how ridiculous is that (rhetorical)? i don't think we have had any more than 5 classes ,not counting two discussions, and we have one more on wednesday then we have an exam. i know im not the only one but this seems a little soon to be getting tested. its different for ENGL101 because the first paper, while being due a little soon, is not asking for a lot. its only a few pages and no research will be required until future papers are due. back to stat. we don't even have a book to study out of. we have a photocopied mound of teachers notes that we had to pay for and get a binder to put it in. personally i think an extension of one week wouldn't be too unreasonable. obviously this won't happen but i can dream. to top it off its right before my birthday (24th) so if i know i did poorly my birthday won't be as enjoyable. if you, my classmates, actually read this, holla at me and tell me what you think.


PEACE
Ersin

No comments: